閱讀漫談122~INVICTUS

2010040809:04

 

 

打不倒的勇者INVICTUS電影中

曼德拉鼓舞南非國家橄欖球代表隊隊長法蘭索瓦皮納爾

使其領導該隊突破困境邁向不可能的成功

當中他曾引述一首詩,這首詩正是曼德拉長年服刑期間

心靈深受激勵和堅定的來源

詩名是Invictus《打不倒的勇者》

由威廉亨利William Ernest Henley)1875年所撰

「Invictus」是拉丁文

可譯成unconquered、invincible」(無法征服的、無敵的)


 

INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me
夜幕低垂將我籠罩
Black as the Pit from pole to pole
兩極猶如漆黑地窖
I thank whatever gods may be
我感謝未知的上帝
For my unconquerable soul.
賦予我不敗的心靈
In the fell clutch of circumstance
即使環境險惡危急
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我不會退縮或哭嚎
Under the bludgeonings of chance
立於時機的脅迫下
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
血流滿面我不屈服
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
超越這般悲憤交集
Looms but the Horror of the shade
恐怖陰霾獨步逼近
And yet the menace of the years
歲月威脅揮之不去
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
我終究會無所畏懼
It matters not how strait the gate
縱然通道多麼險狹
How charged with punishments the scroll
儘管嚴懲綿延不盡
I am the master of my fate:
我是我命運的主人
I am the captain of my soul.
我是我心靈的統帥 


威廉亨利 ~

 

詩作轉載自

http://app.atmovies.com.tw/movie/movie.cfm?action=extend&exid=fhen4105750001